Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Scattered, Smothered & Covered Christmas

Tonight, Adam and I had a little middle of the week date night (I can count the number of middle of the week date nights on one hand - they don't happen often).  This was a rare treat!  We had tickets to the Nashville Dinner Theatre's performance of "A Scattered, Smothered & Covered Christmas."

The Nashville Dinner Theatre recently opened on Printers Alley in Downtown Nashville.  The venue has been completely restored.  The inside has a very historical feel, and I love the fact that it is such an intimate venue.  It's amazing!

 The ground level is for dinner and a show, and

the balcony is for show only.  We did the show only option.  I think we had the best seats in the house.  We were right on the railing, dead center.  We did order dessert, which was served during intermission - a-maz-ing!

The show was written and director by the owner of the Nashville Dinner Theatre.  The story was set and centered around a group of regulars at the Waffle House on Christmas eve.

And guess who was the star of the show? Joyce DeWitt!  - remember from Three's Company!  She was phenomenal!

This by far was the BEST Christmas play I have ever seen - No Joke!  It was SO funny!  Adam and I were dying!  It was also a very touching story.  I cried not once, not twice but THREE times!  And one of those three times, I had full on water works!

Wonderful show, phenomenal cast and an amazing venue!   I can't WAIT to go back!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that a dynamic couple like you and Adam found such a dynamic city to call home. Wish I could have gone, the play sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Chelle - I don't think I've ever been called dynamic - but I like it! ha!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...