Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Top 5 Christmas Movies

Christmas only happens once a year and with it comes so many memories of Christmas' past.  Maybe that's why people love Christmas so much, it brings back so many wonderful memories.  Holiday movies fall into that category for me.  It's those tried and true movies that I loved so much growing up, and I look forward to watching them every year.  Here's my Top 5:

#5 - How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Not the Jim Carrey one, but the animated (original) version.  It just reminds me of childhood.

#4 - Christmas Vacation
I'm sure Adam would say this was his all-time favorite Christmas movie.  Everyone has a scene that they can relate to when it comes to families and the holidays.  Truly a classic!  "Shitters full!" - Uncle Eddie

#3 Ernest Saves Christmas
I loved all the Ernest movies growing up, but this one was the only one we had on tape.  I've watch it a million times I'm sure.

#2 - A Christmas Story
Who doesn't love that TBS plays 24 hours of A Christmas Story starting at 7 p.m. on Christmas eve.  This is one of the best things about the holidays!  Every generation loves this movie, and I know my children will love it just as much as I do one day.

Here's a funny story - On the last day of school before Christmas vacation in sixth grade, my school broadcasted A Christmas Story from the library into every teacher's room.  If the class was through with end of semester testing, they could turn the tv on to watch the movie.  I guess the school administration had only seen the TBS version, which of course, is edited of major cuss words, because F*CK was broadcast across the whole school.  Immediately the tvs went black in every classroom - no more A Christmas Story. Ha!

And my #1 all time favorite - The Santa Clause
I know what you're thinking, "Really, The Santa Clause..."  Well, it may not be the best Christmas move ever, but it has meaning behind it for me.  We had this movie on tape growing up, and every Christmas eve, my siblings and I would sleep in the same room and fall asleep to this movie.  It brings back lots of wonderful memories - not to mention, it's a really funny movie!  Who doesn't love the Tool Man?!?

Any favorites of yours that didn't make my list?

2 comments:

  1. I'm your newest follower. http://moogieland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh christmas vacation, one of the funniest movies ever! love it.

    However, one of my favorites is Elf with Will Farrell. If you didn't see it yet, you have too! You'll fall in love.

    Cute blog :), following you!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...