Thursday, December 23, 2010

"Happys"

Definition of "happys" (according to me): not significant enough to be classified as a gift per se; a small token to let someone know they are special to you; therefore, it's a happy.

I made some happys this year for some of the special ladies in my life:

Little bags of snowy trail mix.

This was my first time to make this.  It is SO easy to make.  Adam is hooked on this stuff.  Here is the recipe if you want to make some.  I doubled this recipe, because Adam would have been upset if there would have been none for him (boys!).
Ingredients
  • 3 cups pretzel sticks
  • 1 1/2 cups corn cereal (we used Crispix)
  • 3/4 cup pecan halves
  • 1/2 cup cashews
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 12 ounces of white chocolate
Instructions
  1. In a large bowl, mix together the pretzel sticks, corn cereal, pecans, cashews, and dried cranberries.
  2. Melt the white chocolate according to the package directions and slowly pour it over the mix, stirring gently.
  3. Scoop the mix onto waxed paper to cool, about 20 minutes, then break it into bite-size clumps. Makes about 10 cups.

I also made personalized coasters.  I love the way these turned out.  It was a really fun Thanksgiving break project for me.  I bought the titles at Lowe's and used stamps and stencils for the artwork.  Once the artwork dried, I coated them with mod podge (2 coats).  I also glued little felt squares to the bottom to protect tables from being scratched up from the titles. 

Super easy!  I will tell you, if you are going to use stamps for the artwork, you have to use paint.  Stamp ink will just wipe right off the title; it will not dry - trust me, I learned the hard way!

Just a little happy to let some sweet friends know they are special to me.

4 comments:

  1. Those look so yummy! My kids would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't dare make more yummies at this point. I love how your coasters turned out.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...