Thursday, December 2, 2010

Chess Squares

Tonight I was one busy bee!  We are having visitors this weekend who are arriving tomorrow night, so I've been busy cleaning and straightening everything up.  Adam had to work tonight, so I've been working solo.  He was home this morning and cleaned the bathroom and gave Beauford a bath, so that helped big time! (Beauford has to be smelling fresh and clean for our visitors - he's been smelling like a wet dog with all this rain.)

I also wanted to make a yummy treat for our guest - chess squares!  I love chess squares!  Growing up, my mom only made them around Christmas.  So even though they really aren't a holiday dessert, I've always felt like I should only make them around Christmas (it's December now - crazy!).

So I'm following up yesterday's recipe post with a dessert recipe (you've got to have dessert, right!?!).  These little goodies are SO easy and SO good.

First Layer Ingredients:
1 box butter cake mix
1 stick of butter, melted
1 egg
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 tsp vanilla

 Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Mix together first layer ingredients with a spoon.  Press into a 9x13 pan forming a crust (should look somewhat like the picture above).

Second Layer Ingredients:
1 (8oz) cream cheese, room temp
3 eggs
1 box (1 lb) conf. sugar

Mix second layer ingredients with mixer until smooth.  Spread on top of dough mixture.  Bake at 300 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until crust browns well.

Yummy!


Don't worry, Nicole; I'll bring you one.  (She checks my blog every Thursday night to see if she's getting a treat the next day at work - hilarious!)  For some odd reason, my co-workers expect goodies on Fridays.....go figure! :)  I must admit that I was baking A LOT more pre-Beauford, but post-Beauford - not so much.  I can't even image what having a child is going to be like one day if having a dog is this much work. (I love him though!)

3 comments:

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...