Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Reflection

Being that it's the last day of 2010, I think it's only proper to look back and reflect on the past year.

January - Adam and I rang in 2010 in Mississippi with family and friends. We got lots of snow in North Carolina which meant SNOW DAYS (for me, at least)!  January was a black month for me because not only did I come down with an awful sore throat (not just any sore throat, but a sore throat from HELL), but I also caught the flu for the first time ever in my life two weeks later.

February - We celebrated Valentine's Day and tried not to freeze our bottoms off! 

March - I enjoyed a whole week off for Spring Break (oh, how I'm going to miss that in 2011).  March Madness - enough said.  Unfortunately, it was not as eventful as the 2009 dance.  Living in Chapel Hill, being neighbors with the arch nemesis Duke, being the 2009 national champions and then having Duke be the 2010 national champions = not a good combo!   

April - We celebrated Easter and simply our time in Chapel Hill.  It was all coming to an end soon, so we tried to make the best of the time we had left - checking out restaurants, shops and other little spots we had yet to see. 

May - I turned 25 and started Why Not On A Tuesday (and a full on blog obsession).  Adam graduated from UNC, and his family came to visit.  We took a little roadtrip to Mississippi for Anna's high school graduation and to visit family.

June - Sweet Luke Murley was born. We celebrated our first year of martial bliss!  I stressed and stressed (enough for the both of us) about what was next for us career-wise.  I saw Rascal Flatts in concert with my sweet friend, Nicole.  I cut my long, luscious hair off (boo! big mistake!).

July - We celebrate 4th of July with wonderful friends, a pie-eating contest and lots of fireworks. We got the news that we were moving to Nashville, TN!  It was such an exciting month, but also sad to say goodbye to so many wonderful friends.  We packed up our little apartment and said goodbye to Carrboro and hello to Nashville.  Chelle came to visit the new pad in Nashville.  Adam started his new job with Baptist hospital.

August - I was a bum and enjoyed unemployment to the fullest - sleeping late, hanging out by the pool and full on laziness.  I started my new job with the State of Tennessee and made some really great new friends (especially Nicole and Val).

September - Adam turned 26.  It was full on football season which meant Adam was one busy little bee.  Of course, we made time to cheer on the Tar Heels and the Golden Eagles.

October - We took a roadtrip to Birmingham, AL to see Jessie perform with her high school band and saw my dad as well.  Halloween was so much fun - Adam was Mr. Clean and I was a flapper.

November - Sweet little Beauford became a part of our family.  Beauford turned 1 years old.  We celebrated Thanksgiving just the two of us (or should I say, three of us), and spent time working at the Nashville Rescue Mission serving breakfast.

December - Adam's parents came to visit.  Beauford was titled Pedigree's Dog of the Month :) We spent Christmas in Mississippi with family.  I was lucky enough to experience my very first root canal.  We were able to visit with our sweet friends from North Carolina and root on the Tar Heels in the Music City Bowl.

Every December 31 I think to myself, "Where did the year go?"  SO much has changed in the last 365 days, and I'm glad to report that I'm still happy and healthy.  That's all that matters, right?  I'm ready for 2011!  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...