Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Birthday Boy

Today is Beauford's 1st birthday!  We finally received all of' Beauford's records in the mail on Friday from the SPCA.  His papers list his date of birth as November 21, 2009.  Thank goodness we received his papers Friday or we would have missed his birthday!  So yesterday, Adam and I went over to See Spot Eat (the little doggie bakery where I got his adoption gift) and got him some birthday happies.

He got this little guy,

and a yummy "canine"-olis.

He LOVED that bird.  Let's just say it's already missing a foot...

He also got a very stylish and oh so chic UNC tag.

He was very proud of it.

As a special birthday treat, we took little man to the dog park for the first time.  He had the BEST time meeting and greeting all the dogs.  He was running full speed around the park with the other dogs.  One lady commented to us that she had never seen a basset hound run so fast and so much.  That little black pug he's next to in the picture was his buddy.  They were instant friends.

He really wants to be a lap dog. Ha!

My little man is no longer a puppy; he's a big boy now.  He is officially 1 years old.  Happy Birthday, Beauford!  We are so glad you are a part of our family now, and that we were able to share your first birthday with you.

7 comments:

  1. Ah the photos of Beauford are lovely and what a lucky chap he was getting so many nice things. I found you via The Teacher's Pet blog hop x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I am C-R-A-Z-Y about basset hounds; in fact, the reason why we adopted Daisy (our coon hound) was b/c she has basset hound ears! We are pet sitters and one of our favorite dogs to walk is a basset mix named Sophie...she has long ears and her front feet are dwarfed (they point outward). So glad you joined in on the THANKFUL FUR 3 THURSDAY BLOG HOP! Thanks for adding your URL to the list. I am now your newest follower! If you want me to feature your blog as one of our newest friends next Thursday you need to be a follower (via email, GFC, or RSS feed) and if you do follow please tell me and I will begin to write about you! Do you have a picture you'd like me to feature?
    Beauregard, happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Beauford!! The big ONE!
    It's great to meet you, found you through the Thankful fur Thursday hop, and now following.

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy Birthday Beauford! I LOVE him! He is a beautiful boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's adorable! I came over from Hugs & Love Thursdays and am looking forward to seeing more of Beauford!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUFORD - if I were a female dog I would be 'in lurve' with you.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWWWW! HI! I am a new follower and love your blog! Have a great week!www.livingonloveandcents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...