Saturday, October 16, 2010

Road Trip!

We are hitting the road for Birmingham, AL today!  Google maps says it will take approximately 3 hours and 23 minutes before we arrive at our destination: Hoover Invitational Marching Festival.


Jessie (my baby sister), along with the rest of the Petal High School band, will be competing against marching bands from all across the south.

Jessie is a junior and section leader of the pit (pretty impressive since she is only a junior!).  The sad part is when she started high school and the marching band, I moved to North Carolina (12 hours from Petal, Miss.), so I have never seen her perform.  When I found out she was going to be performing only 3 hours away from Nashville, I was not going to miss it for the world.  This will be my very first performance, and I'm so excited because everyone raves about how awesome she is, and I'll finally get to see it in person!


Good luck, Jessie!  Check back tomorrow for pictures and videos from the competition!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...