Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pumpkin Cupcakes

Tonight I used up the last of my pumpkin puree.  After pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread came pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.  I didn't even want to make pumpkin puree at first, but I'm so glad I did.  I have really enjoyed making all the different pumpkin recipes.

There are not too many things that can top homemade cream cheese frosting.  MUCH better than frosting out of a can.

Cupcakes right out of the oven and naked.

 Yes, they are as good as they look!

I'm going to take these to work with me tomorrow for all my co-workers for a little pre-Halloween happy.

The cupcakes are "Adam approved."  He was one happy camper when he got home from work and found treats waiting for him.  As usually, I asked Adam to rank the pumpkin recipes, and this is the results:
  1. pumpkin cupcakes
  2. pumpkin bread
  3. pumpkin pie
This is a recipe you definitely should make soon, very soon!

The recipe is actually for pumpkin bars, but I made cupcakes instead.  There is no difference in the recipe besides the type of pan you use and bake time - cupcakes take around 18ish minutes (maybe a little less or a little more - just bake them til the toothpick comes out clean).  Here is the recipe:
Ingredients:
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 2/3 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 6 ounces cream cheese
  • 6 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 3 cups confectioners' sugar  

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. Grease and flour one glass 9 x 13 inch pan.
  3. In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin.
  4. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
  5. Spread into prepared pan.
  6. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes.
  7. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
  8. For the frosting: beat together the cream cheese, butter and confectioner's sugar.
  9. Evenly spread over bars after they have cooled.

4 comments:

  1. Looks really good Shannon! I really like the pumpkin detail cupcake toppers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those look delish!! whenever I read your blog I'm inspired by your baking! I've always liked to cook but not really to bake..but now that I'm married I think I will try and get into baking :) Keep posting your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Chelle, the little toppers came with the cupcakes liners. Mindi, congrats again and welcome to the club!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sooo yummy! I love that pic of your hubs, too! Remote in one hand, cupcake in the other :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...