Friday, October 15, 2010

Homecoming

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am right now for my best friend Chelle

Tonight around 3 a.m., her husband Matt will be returning home from his year tour in Iraq.

This is Matt's second tour, and these pictures are from their last homecoming.  I can't wait to see pictures from this one.  It will be in the middle of the night, so hopefully there will be pictures.

This is the sweetest picture from their last homecoming, and I can't wait for them to have this moment again tonight.

I can't begin to image what Chelle is feeling right now.  I know she is a complete bundle of nerves: excited, nervous, anxious.  She has been so strong through this whole deployment, and I'm so happy that it's all over, and Matt is returning home safe.

Thank you, Matt, for everything.  I can't say enough thank yous for the sacrifices you've made for all of us.  Chelle, I've said it before and I'll say it again, it takes a special woman to be an army wife (something I don't have), and I truly admire you.  I am overwhelmed with joy for the both of you.  Welcome home, Matt!  We've all missed you!

Even though Matt's return is not a surprise, the excitement, love and happiness won't be any different.  (Might want to go grab a tissue before you watch this.  It really choked me up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...