Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hard At It!

I've been baking like a mad person tonight!  I'm headed to Alabama this weekend to see my little sister Jessie perform in a marching band competition (more about that to come in future posts), and I wanted to make her a goodie basket full of yummy treats.

I got a little carried away......I made:

Oreo balls,

 Nutter Butter balls,

Vanilla cake balls (they were supposed to be orange, but they turned out a little more pinkish),

Little ghost cookies

and oreo cupcakes (yellow cake with an oreo baked inside, cream cheese frosting and oreo crumbs).

The reason there is so much is because I wanted to make all the different candy balls, but I didn't want to make full batches.  I made half batches but was left with leftover cookies and cake batter which is why I made ghost cookies and cupcakes.  The cupcakes are going with me to work tomorrow as a little Friday treat.

Hopefully Jessie will like her little goodie bucket. (No worries - I'm pretty sure Jessie doesn't read my blog.)

These candy balls are SO good and SO easy to make.  If you want a recipe that will really impress people, this is the one!  My favorite is cake balls, and the fun part is you can use whatever your favorite cake is.  

Here are the recipes:

Oreo Balls
Ingredients:
1 package of oreos
1 package cream cheese
White dipping chocolate

Directions:
Mix oreos and cream cheese in food processor until creamy.  Roll into small balls and place on cookie sheet.  Freeze for 15 minutes, and then refrigerate for 45 minutes.  Dip in melted white chocolate.

Nutter Butter Balls
Ingredients:
1 package of nutter butter cookies
1 package cream cheese
Dipping chocolate

Directions:
Mix nutter butters and cream cheese in food processor until creamy.  Roll into small balls and place on cookie sheet.  Freeze for 15 minutes, and then refrigerate for 45 minutes.  Dip in melted chocolate.

Cake Balls
Ingredients:
1 box cake (any flavor)
1 can frosting (any flavor)
Dipping chocolate

Directions:
Bake cake as directed on box.  Once cooled, crumb up and mix with can of frosting.  Roll into small balls and place on cookie sheet.  Freeze for 15 minutes, and then refrigerate for 45 minutes.  Dip in melted chocolate.

Ghost Cookies
Simply dip a nutter butter cookie in melted white chocolate, and use mini chocolate chips for eyes.

Oreo Cupcakes
Ingredients:
1yellow box cake
Oreos
1 can cream cheese frosting

Directions:
Mix up cake mix as directed.  Pour a small amount of cake batter in each cupcake liner, add an oreo and cover with cake batter.  Bake as directed.  Top with frosting and oreo crumbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...