Saturday, October 2, 2010

Celebration of Cultures Festival

Every Saturday afternoon, Centennial Park in downtown Nashville host Musician's Corner, a free outdoor concert from 3-6 p.m.  Since the weather is finally pleasant outside, Adam and I decided to go check it out.  Once we got there, we discovered that today was no ordinary Musician's Corner, today was actually the Celebration of Cultures Festival.

There were bands playing all over the park.

They had dancers performing traditional dances of their cultures. This was a Chinese dance,

and this was a Mexican dance.

How fun is this! A May Pole!

Remember my post back in August about Tara & Bella?  The Elephant Sanctuary had a booth at the festival.

I thought it was so cool, because Tara & Bella were pictured on their tent.

This is the Parthenon at Centennial Park.  How cool is that!?!

This was my first time to actually see it.  I had no idea it was that huge.  I can't wait to take a tour of the inside one afternoon.

Check out my video from the festival:

Celebration of Cultures Festival from Shannon Sumrall on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. You know the Parthenon had free admission that day, right?

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...