Sunday, September 19, 2010

Strawberry Bread

I found a recipe for raspberry strawberry bread on a blog this morning and decided I would try it out.  I didn't have any raspberry, so I just used strawberries.  I have never actually cooked anything with strawberries, so this was a first for me.  The recipe was so simple that it actually sounded too good to be true.  Luckily, it was just that simple and just that good.
 
The recipe doesn't even require dirtying up a mixer.  It said to mix it by hand.  I used fresh strawberries, because I think you should always use fresh ingredients if you can.

The recipe said it would make either four small loaves or two large loaves.  Since it is just me and Adam eating it, I decided to half the recipe and just make one large loaf.

It turned out SUPER delicious!  We both loved it!  Here is the recipe below:
 
Raspberry Strawberry Bread
Recipe

Ingredients:
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups sugar
2 cups sliced strawberries
1/2 cup raspberries
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup cooking oil
.
Instructions:
– Mix by hand. Add the berries at the last. (**)
– Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes in small loaf pans, or around 60 minutes in 2 large loaf pans. Remember each oven is different, so make sure and UNDER-SET your timer, so you don’t over bake the bread!
– Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...