Thursday, August 19, 2010

That's A Wrap

I tried out two new recipes tonight:

Paula Deen's Shrimp Gumbo Bake (I added a cup of rice before baking to thicken it up and substituted sausage and chicken for the shrimp) &

Elmo's Diner Fresh Cherry Cobbler with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. Elmo's Diner is this amazing little restaurant in Carrboro, NC with the BEST cobbler. Neither Adam or I care very much for cooked cherries, but fresh cherries are a completely different story. Fresh cherry cobbler is my favorite, because cherries are not overwhelmingly sweet, which I find to be perfect for a cobbler. Pitting cherries is for the birds! I don't have a cherry pitter, so I had to do it by hand (OMG!). Not an easy task to say the least.

I always ask Adam afterward whether I should keep the recipe or throw it out. He said they were both definitely keepers. 2 for 2!

I've been cooking and trying out a lot of new recipes recently, because I'm home all day and have time to actually schedule out some meals. I hope Adam enjoys it while it last, because come Monday, that gravy train is coming to a fast halt! Adam actually says it will be better for his waistline that way. Ha!

The night ended with our favorite show that we watch together: Jersey Shore! It is definitely our guilty pleasure that Adam won't admit to most people. If you've never watch a full episode, then you really can't judge. Watch one episode, and you'll be laughing so hard at these characters that you'll be hooked!

I'd say it was a pretty good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...