Thursday, August 5, 2010

Mouth Guard

I have always had bad jaw issues, but recently, I've been waking up with my teeth aching from clinching and grinding my teeth all night (Not Good!).

OUCH!

The solution: a cute pink mouth guard!

Adam thought maybe sleeping with a mouth guard would help solve the problem, and at this point, I'm willing to try anything!

I was all set for my first night with a mouth guard.

Unfortunately, when I woke up this morning, this is where I found the mouth guard: buried in the sheets. I don't know if I took it out during the night or if it fell out, but it wasn't in my mouth where it was supposed to be. I'm definitely going to try again tonight, and if I still don't have any luck, then it's on to Plan B: the dentist!

Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. I have the same problem, and went to the dentist. He made one out of an impression of my teeth (better fit than do it yourself, but more expensive), but it worked as long as I would keep it in my mouth. I often woke up with it on the floor, the sheets, inside my pillow case, etc. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how did it go for night #2?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the mouth guard stayed in this time, but my mouth was hurting from wearing it all night by morning. That pain didn't last long, so I would say it was a success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have grinded my teeth for years, and growing up it was so bad my mom could hear it across the house through both closed doors! I got a custom fit guard in college that is small and covers just your front teeth. That style might be more comfortable than a full mouth guard. It definitely works but I would always take it out in the middle of the night too. Sad to say but I rarely wear it anymore! also Congrats on the new job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness! I thought mine was bad...ha! Thanks for the congrats Mindi!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...