Saturday, August 21, 2010

High School Game Day

Adam is working his first high school football game today with Franklin High School. It's an away game against their big local rival, Battle Ground Academy. Go Rebels! Adam said as long as no one gets hurt, he'll be happy. (I know he wants them to win too!) If anyone does get hurt, they'll definitely be in good hands, but I hope no one gets hurt as well.

Adam has a group of high school girls who help him on the sidelines as "student athletic trainers." Their main job is to keep the players hydrated and to do whatever Adam needs. I decided to make them some goody bags for the their first game and as a thank you for all their hard work.

These goody bags were pretty amazing, if I do say so myself. They each had a bottle of water, sunflower seeds, some of my homemade chocolate chip cookies, an assortment of gum, a fun dip and some fun football tattoos.

If I'm going to talk about high school football, then I must also mention that today is Petal High School's, my Alma Mater (Class of '03, what!), season opener in their brand new (massive) stadium. They are taking on South Panola. Let's Go Panthers!

Oh yeah, that's turf!

More important, my little sister Jessie plays in Petal's award winning band. No band nerds here; this band is amazing! Jessie plays the marimba (a.k.a xylophone). She is only a junior and is already section leader for the pit.

That's Jessie practicing recently in the band hall.

I'm so proud of Jessie, and it makes me sad that I'm not there to see her perform today. I know you will rock!

Good luck Rebels, Panthers and most importantly Jessie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...