Monday, August 2, 2010

Flavor of the Week

This week's Flavor of the Week award goes to..........

MIKE ODOM! My Dad!

There are a million reasons why my dad deserves this award, but today I want to acknowledge him for his recent commitment to training for the Nashville Half Marathon to be held on April 30, 2011. When my dad is confronted with a challenge, he is not one to easily back down. He is really stepping up to the plate and taking training for our half marathon seriously.

He called me last week with three good pieces of news:
  1. He stopped smoking.
  2. He bought new running shoes.
  3. He started running.
We talked for a good 20 minutes about nothing but running, and it really made my day! The half marathon is still nine months away, but stamina for 13.1 miles does not happen over night. I cannot WAIT to run the Nashville Half Marathon with my two favorite men: my husband and my dad.

Dad and his sweet fiance, Terri

Here are just a few pictures of me and Dad through the years:
1994: Dad, Corri, Jessie and me (Bren wasn't born yet). Love the stache, Dad! (I guess I don't have much room to talk; I am rockin' a boy's haircut.....)

2003: My High School Senior Prom

2009: Dad walking me down the aisle

Dad, I think you're fabulous! You're my
(What is a Flavor of the Week award?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...