Monday, August 16, 2010

Blueberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake

"Wait, today is Monday. Where is 'Flavor of the Week'?"..........

While Flavor of the Week is a weekly feature on my blog, I don't want to just award it to someone, because it's Monday and I have too. I want it to be for the right reasons. So with that said, on with the normal programming today, but don't worry, Flavor of the Week will be back! Maybe next week......

So this is my last week of chillaxin' (chilling+relaxing for all you "not up with the slang of today's youth" people, ha!). I officially start my new job next Monday. Boy, am I ready! I have been "off" for a little over a month now. Though it has been fun, it has also been BORING! What can I say, I'm a working girl; I like a routine and human interaction. Time off beyond two weeks is just a little too long for me.

Our poor little cupboards were completely bare this morning, so I went grocery shopping when I got up and decided to pick up the ingredients needed to make a blueberry cream cheese pound cake. I have never made one before, and I recently came across a recipe for one. O-M-G! (Adam hates when I say that.....) It's soooo good and really easy to make! The recipe is here and below:

Ingredients
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
½ cup vegetable oil
1 (18-ounce) package yellow butter cake mix
1 (3-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups fresh blueberries
Powdered sugar (optional)

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly spray a 9-inch tube or Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray and dust with flour.
  2. Combine cream cheese and oil in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until smooth and creamy. Add cake mix, pudding mix, eggs and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until blended. Fold in berries. (Batter will be thick.) Spoon batter into prepared pan.
  3. Bake 60 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 20 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
For the love of everything that is good in this world, do NOT use anything besides fresh blueberries, especially during this time of the year, when you can get blueberries anywhere for a a very reasonable price. Canned blueberries or frozen blueberries = a cake that could have been better!
One hour later, the cake was ready!

It's delicious!

1 comment:

  1. I think technically this still qualifies as "flavor" of the week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...