Tuesday, August 24, 2010

8 Years Ago

Eight years ago today, I started dating Adam. Ever since we got married, Adam doesn't see the need to celebrate our "dating" anniversary anymore, because now we have a wedding anniversary. I agree; we shouldn't make a big fuss over it, but we should at least acknowledge it.

We don't exchange gifts, because that is for our wedding anniversary, but I wanted to do something special anyway. I decided to paint him something, since I have never painted him anything before. This was only my second painting to do EVER. I'm no Picasso, but I'm happy with the end result.

The painting in progress.....

The finished product!

I decided to paint something Adam loves (guitars) and something I love (birds). The painting has eight birds on it symbolizing our eight years together.

We met at the sweet young age of 17. Whoever said you can't fall in love or have a meaningful relationship at such a young age lied. I didn't know he was "the one" until years later, but I knew instantly that he was pretty amazing (and really cute!). Every day I love him just a little more than the day before.

2002: Us at 17

Happy 8 Years, Honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...