Thursday, July 1, 2010

Party Cruise

I had already planned to blog about this, but I have to tell you first what Adam said. He is always trying to give me ideas/topics for blogging.

"This will be great to blog about! Kevin will get a kick out of it!"

So Kevin King, this blog is for you!

This past week, Adam has been working at a youth basketball camp hosted by Sam Perkins, UNC basketball star and alumni who also played 17 years in the NBA. (Adam told me all this, because I had never heard of him. Nothing against Sam; I know very few athletes. I had never even heard of Tyler Hansbrough before I moved to Chapel Hill.)

Part of their camp tradition is the Thursday night of the camp, Sam invites everyone who has helped with the camp, their spouses and his friends out for a boat ride on Jordan Lake. I wasn't to excited when Adam first told me, because 1. I didn't know anyone and 2. Once you are out on the boat, you are stuck until they decide to come back in.

Adam really wanted to go, so I sucked it up and went, and I'm really glad I did! We had a great time!

This is the best picture I could get of the boat. It was MASSIVE (there were 42 people on the boat - that's how big it was!). It had two levels. The party was held mostly upstairs with the food being downstairs.

The view before leaving the dock. It was the perfect night for a little cruise.

Adam in his stunna shades

Once I got there, I was pretty pumped.

The inside of the boat (gorgeous!), and the catered meal - soul food!

Adam and Sam Perkins. Adam asked me later, "Was he that much taller than me?"

We had a great time! And as Adam pointed out to me before we set sail, "I mean, how often do we get to hang out with celebrities!?!"

4 comments:

  1. Love it! You are both too cute and too funny! It looks like y'all had a good time! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Codie! We had a great time!

    P.S.
    Thanks for being a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice being able to keep up with you and Adam this way! I read what you wrote to Kelly almost everynight haha! Sad I know! I'm always like look Adam is cooking or they got a GPS haha! I made the cookies that you had on here and they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so glad you keep up with the blog! Tell Kelly we said hello! I'm glad you like the cookies as well; they are our favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...