Saturday, July 24, 2010

Out & About In Our New City

The best thing about moving somewhere new is that there is always something new and exciting to do. Today, we headed over to Yazoo Brewery for a tour of the brewery.

It was the coolest place. It's a fairly new brewery forming in 2003. It's named after Yazoo, MS. How cool is that!?! The owner/creator is originally from Yazoo. The beer seems to be really taking off. It's sold all across the state of Tennessee and Alabama, and it will soon be making an appearance in Mississippi. So all you Mississippi readers, be on the look out!

Inside the brewery during the tour.

Us sampling one of the beers on the tour with our complimentary tour glasses. For $6 a piece, we got a tour of the facility, samplings of three of their beers (equaling a full glass of beer) and a glass. I'd say that's a deal! It was a lot of fun too!

Adam bought a "growler" (half a gallon) of their Dos Perros Ale to take home with us.

After the tour, we headed downtown in a hunt for a good Mexican restaurant. We stumbled across El Rey. Not the best Mexican food we ever had, that's for sure, but oh well.

(Adam thought the cover of the menu was hilarious, so I had to take a picture of it.)

After dinner, we headed over to the Music City Walk of Fame (Nashville's version of Hollywood's Walk of Fame). It's fairly new (within the last five years or so), so there aren't that many stars yet. It was still pretty cool. These were a few of our favorites:

And last but not least, Reba! My fav!

I feel like there is so much to see and do! What shall we do tomorrow?!?

3 comments:

  1. If you happen to meet Reba, I just might die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing Nashville when my aunt and late uncle lived in Gallatin. Driving there was my first road trip with no other adult with me. I took my two younger daughters who were about 5 and 9 at the time. I used the "Batman" building (BellSouth)as a landmark for getting around Nashville. We went on a bus tour of the country star's homes and toured the old Grand Ole Opry building. I kept my eye out for any stars mingling around. Exciting place!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...