Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sumrall Recipes

Adam has been nagging me FOREVER (yes, guys nag too!) to organize my recipes. I don't really use cook books very much; my style is more finding a recipe on the internet and printing it out. Over the years, this has accumulated into a bunch of recipes folded in half and shoved into the one cookbook I really do like.

Exhibit A: The Problem

When you go to find a certain recipe, it is a whole ordeal, because you have to open every piece of paper (there are a million), and there is absolutely no order. It aggravates Adam to no end (ha!). The main reason I had not already organized them is because I couldn't think of way to do it that didn't require handwriting (not an option) or printing the recipes on index cards for a recipe box (blah!).

Then it hit me! Duh, if all the recipes are paper size, organize them in a binder with sheet protectors. So today, I decided to tackle this project and surprise Adam with an organized recipe book.

Exhibit B: The Solution
I used colored sheets of paper labeled by food category as dividers along with sheet protectors protecting each recipe and divider from splatters when cooking/baking. What do you think!?! I'm happy with the way it turned out, and I know Adam will be thrilled when he sees it.

P.S.
Adam comes home tomorrow! Yay!

3 comments:

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...