Sunday, June 6, 2010

Our 1 Year Anniversary

Wow, a whole year! I thought the wedding day would NEVER arrive, and now here we are celebrating our 1 year anniversary. Time really does fly when you’re having fun! Everyone says your first year of marriage is the hardiest, but that did not ring true for Adam and I. The biggest transition was getting used to a new last name, but since I work at a school, I am referred to as Mrs. Sumrall all day, so it was a fast transition. It’s actually kind of weird hearing Ms. Odom when a student slips up and calls me by my maiden name.

Since today is our anniversary, I wanted to share with you some pictures from our special day. Not only was it the wedding I had always dreamed of, but I also married the man I had always dreamed of as well.

Our wedding was held in McLeansville, North Carolina at The Hayloft, a 1940's dairy barn that has been totally restored and refurbished into a special events facility.

Adam with the best man, groomsmen and father of the bride

Me and my matron of honor, maids of honor and bridesmaid

A string trio played for the ceremony. It was so lovely.The ceremony was held on the back lawn in the early evening. It poured cats and dogs the day before the wedding. We weren't even sure if we would be able to have the ceremony outside, but the skies opened up, the ground dried and the weather was perfect.

Mr. and Mrs. Sumrall

The ceremony was held upstairs inside the barn. This is us dancing to our first dance as husband and wife to John Butler Trio's "Groovin' Slowly."

Everyone with sparklers as we left for our honeymoon to the mountains.

The Getaway Car covered in post-it notes courtesy of Matt and Chelle Langford, and the rest of the wedding party.

Not to be cheesy, but it really was the BEST day of my whole life. Happy 1 year Anniversary, my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...