Saturday, June 19, 2010

New Haircut

I did it! I was REALLY nervous, but I took the plunge.

Before:
After:
I decided I'm going to donate the hair to Locks of Love, a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children under age 21 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis.

I just couldn't stand the thought of my hair being swept away to the trash when someone could actually use it and benefit from it. I didn't meet the 10 inch requirement, but you can still donate your hair, and they will sell it and use the money to offset the cost of making their prostheses.

I'm still getting use to the do, but I like it. It's definitely a change!

3 comments:

  1. Your haircut looks great Shannon!! I always debate cutting mine off and then change my mind! I just discovered your blog btw. I just started one too! mindiandjoey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...