Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Prom

Teenagers + formal attire + tacky theme/decorations can mean only one thing = PROM

The private school I work for held their first ever prom tonight, and I was a chaperon. The school is only five years old, and very small, so their prom was probably nothing like the prom you attended or remember. It was fun seeing all the kids dressed up, and hanging out with my work buds is always a blast.

(All the cool faculty chaperons........emphasis on the "cool")

For those of you who don't know, Adam and I started dating in 2002, the summer before our senior year of high school. Yes, we were high school sweethearts (awww.......). Our high schools were about 30 minutes apart from each other. The best part about going to two different high schools was going to two proms! Our proms were on back-to-back weekends with Adam's prom being first. We had the best time going out to eat with friends in our formal attire, and then dancing the night away while chaperons/parents looked on with glaring eyes. What great memories!

Since I've been reminiscing about our proms, I decided to dig out some pictures from both of them. I personally think we haven't changed a bit (ha!), but others might disagree. Don't laugh too hard...

(Us before my prom)
(Before Adam's prom; notice Brennon popping in the picture. He was only seven at the time....so cute!)

Adam was my high school sweetheart and still is. As cheesy as it might sound, I knew way back then that he was the love of my life and my better half.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...