Saturday, May 15, 2010

Dinner with Friends

What's better than great food with great friends? Last night, my friend Sherry took me out for a late birthday celebration at Tyler's in Carrboro. I met Sherry while working at my current job, but she recently took a new job teaching in Chapel Hill, so I don't get to see her as much. It is always so nice to catch up. She is so much fun, and really easy to talk to. I miss being able to see her every day, which makes our dinner dates that much more special. I know we will always be great friends.

(Sherry and I having a few drinks and munching down on some awesome nachos.)

Tonight, Adam and I ventured over to Raleigh to hang out with our friends Kevin and Nicole (a.k.a. The Kings). These two are always a load of fun! Adam works with Kevin at UNC, and I got to know Nicole pretty well over Christmas break while hanging out in Charlotte for the Meineke Car Care Bowl. Kevin and Nicole live in Raleigh, so they are always our tour guides when we are over that way. They took us to a neat restaurant in downtown Raleigh, The Raleigh Times Bar. The building used to house the Raleigh Times back in the day, but now it's a very hip/eclectic bar with great food.

The next stop of the night was to Hayes Barton Cafe & Dessertery for dessert. Oh. My. Goodness! They have cakes to die for! One piece is so large that it could feed three grown men (no joke!). Adam and I shared a piece and still had some to take home with us.

We always have such a good time with Kevin and Nicole, and tonight was definitely not an exception.

(Kevin and Nicole with their yummy cake.)

(Adam and I before we dug into our lemon, blueberry and cream cheese cake....
See how big that piece is!)


I can't wait to finish my cake tomorrow.......

1 comment:

  1. OOO Cake, I love cake and I am definitely jealous of that big slice!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...