Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Birthday Recap

I had a wonderful birthday. It started off with Adam waking me up with breakfast in bed (I know, I have a keeper!) He had made cranberry and orange muffins with a glass of OJ on the side. Work was good as well. One of my co-workers made yellow cake cupcakes with homemade chocolate frosting for everyone for my birthday. When I got home from work, Adam had made me my FAVORITE cake: funfetti! That’s the white cake with the sprinkles in the batter….oh my goodness, it’s wonderful! I have had a funfetti cake for my birthday as long as I can remember; it is a must! I love that cake so much that it was also one layer of my wedding cake.

(The cake after we got a hold of it last night)

Adam wanted to take me out to eat, but I opted out for take out Chinese food from our favorite take out place instead. I had my usual (sesame chicken, chicken fried rice and an egg roll). The best part is that the portions are so big, I always have leftovers for lunch at work the next day. We watched Law & Order: SVU (one of my favorite shows) and ate Chinese. It was simple and great.

I already got my birthday present a month ago from Adam which was a bicycle. I had been wanting one for so long, and Adam was planning to get me one for my birthday. But when the nice weather came, I just couldn’t wait any longer. I wanted to ride bikes SOOO bad, so we went ahead and got me a bike with the understanding that it was my birthday present.

I got lots of sweet phone calls, text messages, emails and messages on Facebook from friends and family all wishing me a happy birthday. All in all, it was a great day; I am truly blessed with great people in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...